Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Crafty Weekend:)

Well, this weekend, I kept myself busy since my husband went home to combine again.  Thank goodness this was his last weekend:)  It just seemed like this weekend flew by, but I guess every weekend feels that way!  Friday night I tried to work on my fabric flowers for some wall decor for our kitchen(will post a tutorial of this soon).  I didn't finish all  3 of the flowers, but I finished at least 2:)  Since I don't have a sewing machine, it took me an extra long time to finish up.   It seriously took me about 2-2.5 hours to make one flower!  It could be just that I'm that slow, but I'd like to blame it on not having a sewing machine.  I made some more mummies and put the candy favors together for party favors, decorated my pumpkin for our contest at school, put together my scrap booking storage, decorated our house for Halloween, and on top of all of that cleaned the house!  Needless, to say I was a VERY busy girl.

I wanted to share with you my oh, so cute lady bug pumpkin:)  At school all of the teachers are taking one pumpkin to decorate and I had a hard time choosing what I wanted to do...but I finally figured it out.
Here is what she looks like:

I've never decorated a pumpkin like this before so I didn't know how it would turn out!  I was just hoping to have something decent for the contest.







Here is how I decorated my ladybug pumpkin:
First, I used black arcylic paint to paint 1/3 of the pumpkin.

Then I painted the other part red.







I used 1/2 of a Styrofoam ball for the lady bugs head, so I had to cut it in half then I painted it black.

I grabbed out the black paint again and started to paint on the black spots.
I stuck the Styrofoam ball on the stem of the pumpkin and had to put a little hot glue on it too because it just wouldn't stick without it!  I glued the antenna's and google eyes on and viola you have a lady bug pumpkin.  In case your wondering where I got the antenna's from, I bought a huge spider craft kit at Michael's and used the legs of the spider for the antennas and it worked out wonderfully! The whole project is really pretty simple just takes some time because you have to wait for the paint to dry before you can continue on. I did a little happy dance when I was finished with project because I thought it turned out better than what I thought.  How do you think it turned out?  Have you ever decorated any pumpkins before and if so what did you do? Well, enjoy the rest of your weekend for whatever is left of it! 




Thirty Hand Made Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!