Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spooktactular Inspiration:)

First of all, I wanted to say that I'm so glad that I started blogging because I get to see all different types of crafts, decorating ideas, organizing, or just odds and end things that I never thought about before!  I also wanted to thank everyone because all of your blogs have motivated me to try more of a variety of crafts:)  It's just what I needed right now, to keep my mind off of other things that stress me out!  Since I have started blogging, which was within the last 2 weeks or so, I have already started many projects and started organizing rooms throughout my house.  I even made a little craft area in the spare bedroom, well it's still a work in progress, but it's getting there:P  Here's just a little of my inspiration that I have found on other sites:

I found these mummies from www.craftaholicsanonymous.net I thought the mummies were just the cutest things and plus I needed prizes for the Halloween party.  So these will work out perfectly just for that:)  I have already begun this project and will post in a couple days or so!

 I found this tree in a google search and I just loved the look of it.  This is how I'm decorating my house for Halloween, so it fits perfectly!  I modified this project because I had an old Easter tree lying around that I never use and I painted it black.  Then I added some cobwebs, spiders, and little skeleton at the base of the tree.  It turned out pretty good:)

 Here is my tree that I painted and put together.  It's a smaller version of what you see above.

This witch plaque and the pumpkin frame are just to darn darling!  Plus, the best part is that they are pretty inexpensive, so that's just a bonus.  I found these craft ideas from http://mmscrapshoppe.blogspot.com/ 
.

Then I found this neat witch's cauldron.  It was perfect for me because I had cauldron, but didn't know what to do with it.  So this is exactly what I did with it!  This was the link that I found it at!  http://sewwoodsy.com/2011/09/sneak-peak-halloween-project-list-2011.html
Here is my version of it:  Looks very similar....
I found the neatest thing for a homemeade casserole carrier.  I thought it looked pretty simple to make, but I haven't even started it and this is coming from a girl who just doesn't know how to sew!  You have to start somewhere right?  I have bought the fabric for it, so I at least am going in the right direction. This is the link to get to the tutorial:  http://2littlehooligans.blogspot.com/2010/10/casserole-carrier-tutorial.html   Isn't it awesome? I am so tackling this project and soon!

So, much inspiration and so little time to accomplish everything!  If only we had extra hours in the day! Am super duper excited to finish my mummies tomorrow:) Have a great night!  The Midwestern Newlywed!!!

Have a lot of you been working away with Halloween crafts?  If so then what have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!